Meetings can go well or be totally pointless with now real value or outcome. The bigger the meeting, the bigger the risk of not reaching your goals. Worksup team brainstormed some insights for you to organise better meetings with little help from a interactive conference app.
1) Hear out your team
Carried out by executive leadership coaches That People Thing, the nationwide study of 668 senior staffers found that, on average, just only 44% of time in meetings is productively spent, with productivity at risk as attendees veer off topic.
If this is something that also concerns your team, then one option is to let your team have a say in the next meetings’ agenda. This is not only for saving time, but also reducing the risk of concentrating on topics which won’t give much value to the meeting. Your team knows probably the best what is going on with their work and what topics are more important to talk about.
- Put down the topics you usually discuss during your meetings and let your team to vote for the best option. Also leave out one choice for them to answer.
Worksup mobile event app, live polls view
2) The right answer
To be sure if everyone understands the same, you could run a simple live poll and then make a decision from there. For instance, before the meeting you can prepare several live polls with a live polling app and during a meeting, your team can vote on the right option. Team leader can show the results on the screen and see if there is any lack of an agreement.
This helps to ensure that everyone in your team is on the same page, which allows them to do their job more effectively.
- Create a poll
- Allow enough time for everyone to send their answer
- Once they have voted, show them the results
- Comment on the correct answer and explain unclear topics
3) Brainstorming done effectively
Brainstorming meetings are essential to launch a new project or improve existing frameworks. Usually the real challenge is identifying the best ideas that should be considered for the project.
To make brainstorming more effective, interaction app Worksup helps to collect ideas before the meeting. You can easily create a text task, where people can write down their thoughts and later see the the most mentioned ideas from the word cloud. This way, they bring more ideas to the discussion and it speeds up the whole brainstorming process.
During the all hands on meeting, you can also create fun live polls from the best ideas and encourage people to upvote the ones they like the most. Team can decide which is the best idea and what could the be the next steps and obstacles.
Text task & Word cloud:
- Create a text task or poll where people can write down their ideas.
- Share the link and let them upvote the best ideas before the meeting
- During the all hands on meeting, display the most upvoted ideas on the screen.
Worksup mobile event app, Word Cloud
- Discuss possible obstacles what this idea can bring.
- Create a poll beforehand and show the results during the meeting.
- After the meeting, export the results for further analysis.
4) Quick decisions on the site
During the meetings can happen that the team has to make quick decisions on the spot. But people are different, so are their opinions, thus it can be often complicated to reach an agreement.
Instead of going into deep conversations, it could be a lot easier to do anonymous voting. You can create a live poll, let the team members vote and get your answer just in few seconds.
- Create a multiple-choice live poll with several possible options
- Allow enough time for everyone to send their vote
- Once the votes are in, show the results
- Comment on them and take further action
5) Include your digital nomads into the discussion
There isn’t probably a meeting where there is a team member from another city or from another country. With Worksup there isn’t a problem to engage them into discussion if they are not in the meeting room.
Share the link:
- Share the Event ID or link
- Invite them to join the poll voting session
- Display the results on screen so it’s easier for everyone to follow the discussion
6) Check if your team is satisfied
To get information if your team motivated, one of the most effective ways is to create a satisfactory poll.
After the votes are collected, team leader shares the results in a meeting and gives comments on which areas scored well and which need to be improved.
This 3-min employee survey allows the team to reveal matters before they become a problem and take necessary steps to improve people’s well-being at work.
- Create a survey live poll
- Share the link with the team
- Collect the answers
- Present the results at the meeting and provide comments if needed